Mobile Health apps provide many benefits for all Users: Clinicians and Patients. In this report we discuss one customers experience with using mobile health solutions. From the usefulness to the cost benefits, there is something for everyone.
Health Customer Discusses Reasons for using Mobiles to capture/share data
- Multi functional so covers most needs on one device. (eg. phone; photographs; texting; user location/safety)
- A familiar device so there was a high level of comfort from all aged users!
- More suited to purpose than opening up a laptop or having to come back to base once/twice a day.
- Particularly useful for Allied Health workers and District Nurses.
- Right size and weight to carry about with other kit.
- Non intrusive device in patient’s houses when compared with laptops.
Mobile Data Provides Immediate Results
- Provides an electronic outcome. The replacing of paper has immediate benefits. These include both time on entering data and the need to have to return to Base and drop the paper into the office. However, more importantly it is having an electronic record for subsequent use that is far more valuable to the Health organisation.
- Cost relative to other devices.
- Still rapid vendor enhancements occurring with these devices versus laptops; expect that functional capability will grow significantly yet.
- Needs the AMS type applications to achieve usability/efficiency. The easy to understand User interface of mobile applications reduces the need for keyboard skills. Applications that enter data straight into the backend simply makes sense.
Implement Mobile Health Apps Now
From reading this report you may be able to tell the potential benefits that come with the adopting mobile health apps are huge! This was the perspective of just one of our customers. By implementing mobile health apps into your strategy you may discover further benefits which this customer hasn’t experienced yet.